The idea of living a life of less is becoming attractive to more people as time goes by. But we often have our hearts in our mouth when the thoughts of owning less come swooping through our minds. Learning the art of decluttering is pretty simple if you take it one step at a time. More so, decluttering offers you numerous benefits.
You get less to clean and less to organize which eventually give you less stress and less financial and maintenance burden. It gives you more time and energy to do what you’re really passionate about. Why again did you not want to declutter your living space?
Getting rid of unnecessary baggage and items lying around can be an effective process towards achieving some peace. Here are few tips to go about it:
- Start slowly: If you’re new to decluttering, take your time. Don’t try to get it all done in a single day. Start with 5 to 10 minutes per day, then you can build momentum.
- One Item, One Day: Start out with either getting rid or donating one item per day. That’s 365 items round the annual clock.
- Create a Declutter list: Create an outlined list of what you want to get rid of. This would guide your activity till you get it all done.
- Get a trash bag full: There are numerous ways that you can track your progress. You can check off your completed tasks on your list, or by trash bag. You can task yourself to get one trash bag full within a day, 3 days or a week.
- Take before and after pictures: This would serve as a form an encouragement for you, as you would have a visual representation of your progress. Once you see how well you’re doing, it would become easier to get things done quickly.
Follow along with House Trend Furniture